In Hindu astrology “Sade Sati” is the 7½ years long period of Saturn (Shani).This phase happens in an individuals life when Saturn transits through the 12th, 1st, and 2nd house from the natal moon ,depending on where Moon is placed in your Birth chart.
Saturn is like a harsh teacher who shows you your life’s reality. Instead of dreams and future it makes you face the present situations & circumstances , and teaches you to stand up to difficult challenges. It is said that after a person goes through this phase he comes out with a heart of gold and courage.
Sade sati is supposed to affect everyone differently & although it seems like it only has negative effects that is not true . A person can even achieve great heights of success if you are honest & hard working.
Effects of Sade Sati :
- it gives mental stress
- affects personal emotions
- forces you to do hard laborious work
- you have to try several times to finish a task
- it increases problems in family life
- increases your endurance powers
- teaches to be patient & resilient
- sometimes it increases expenditure
- also opens new doors to success
- u will face the consequences of your past karma whether good or bad
- increases enemies & quarrels
- Worship Lord Hanuman and read Hanuman Chalisa as often as possible
- Donate to the poor & needy
- Do as much charities as possible
- Try to wear black or Blue clothes on Saturday
- Feed Dogs specially black ones outside your home
- do not have alcohol, non-veg or milk on Saturdays
- in some cases wearing gemstones like blue sapphire or its substitute amethyst even Kakaneeli/Iolite can help also.
Please remember that all it effects all people differently and it is a good idea to consult a genuine astrologer.