What is a Pitambari Neelam Gemstone?

There are lots of different kinds of Neelam / Blue Sapphire . Pitambari Neelam is a stone that contains in its natural form Blue and Yellow color both. The ratio of Blue and yellow can vary from stone to stone.

igl certified pitambari stone

Depicted above is an untreated and unheated srilankan pitambari sapphire from the bellojewels gemstone collection.

Neelam / Blue Sapphire is the stone of planet Saturn, “Shani”. As per Hindu Shastras, “Shani” is the son of “Surya”, Sun. “Shani” is said to be the magistrate among all the planets in the solar system as it influences the good or bad effects on a person.Neelam is a remedial gemstone for Saturn or Shani. Among all remedial gems Neelam is considered the most powerful gemstone. If it suits a person well it can take his/her career, wealth and fame to great heights.

Good Quality Pitambari Neelam Stones

Click Here to buy certified untreated Sri Lankan Pitambari Neelam Stones Online at Bello Jewels. Call us at 9555149149

A Pitambari Neelam – Pukhraj Gemstone is only for a person who has  Saturn and Jupiter aligned in such a way in their birth chart / horoscope that they both effect that person badly.This stone is for when both planets conjunction. It is usually rare for both planets to behave badly together , that is why very few people are recommended to wear a pitambari neelam.

The Pitambari is usually a stone that has more that 60% yellow color in it. A stone that has more Blue in it is called a “Neelambari” stone. Yellow Pacifies Jupiter / “Brahaspati” or Guru  and Blue pacifies Saturn / “Shani”. So according to every persons unique birth chart the percentage of color in a pitambari is also recommended.

A Pitambari neelam can help if you are suffering from any bad period in relation to money problem, lack of guidance, failure in business, promotion,  feeling  you are cursed or something is there which is unexplained. Also if you get nightmares, it means there is transit in horoscope where Guru and Shani are making a bad yog . This sapphire also gives the same magical effects as the Blue sapphire which is a really magical gem in the world but it has another benefit which is, it controls Jupiter’s malefic effects a and if Jupiter is beneficial but is not strong it will boost it and provide good beneficial effects from Jupiter. If in your horoscope Saturn and Guru situated in same house so you should wear this gem, because in that condition this gem gives higher achievements, money, growth and name fame everything within very a short time.

Comments

1. Can Pitambari Neela be worn during pregnancy? It has been recommended to me but now I have conceived. Should i buy and wear the stone now or should I buy it after delivering the baby.

Thanks.

2. Dinesh Joshi says:

I am pretty impressed after learning about `Pitambari` Neelam and would like to know if I can wear it and what effects should I expect out of it.
    DOB: 19 July 1976
    Time: 4:00 AM
    Place: Almora

Regards,
    Dinesh

• Hi Dinesh, Yours was a tricky case. Here’s the REPLY from our most Sr Astrologer – Mr Ravi Khorana:
      It is a combination of a Blue Sapphire and a Yellow Sapphire – i.e both a Neelam and Pukhraj.
      It is quite a Rare stone and is generally recommended for the following planets:
      Jupiter (Brahaspati) when is weak and powerless in a Horoscope.
      and
      Saturn (Shani) when is malefically placed or having a bad drishti.
      Hence, it is recommended when both the mighty planets are unable to give any positive results.
      This generally leads to many delays and obstacles in spite of all efforts and the results are not commensurate with the inputs. A feeling of non-achievement persists and it is as if one is dogged down by Bad luck and misfortune.
      On analyzing your Horoscope we find that you have most of the planets well place – including Rahu,Ketu,Sun,Moon,Mercury and Venus. You are also non manglik and also not under sade sati.
      Your Jupiter is placed in the 12th house which makes it weak due to placement. It is not a malefic but its powerless hence cannot give positive results for what it stands for – Wealth,Property,land,Investments,stable married life, increased earnings,growth and prosperity.
      Similarly, your Saturn is place in the 2nd house which is OK but is along with Sun hence is debilitated or asta and as it is in Cancer rashi whose lord is moon, it afflicts the moon also to some extent.
      In Summary, we see that Jupiter is Weak due to placement and Saturn is malefic due to it being in a shatru rashi as well as being asta.
      Hence a Pitambari Neelam is strongly recommended for you.
      About wealth and prosperity and increase earnings,land and property acquization and good love life.
      The Pitambari Neelam should be 5+ Ratti in weight.
      With Best Wishes

3. Biswajit bhunia says:

I am Biswajit Bhunia, DOB: 21.09.1981 at 15:30 pm, place: Nandigram: 88.53E/22.2N…Some body suggested to take pitambari neelam? is it true…can u suggest any thing..

• Hi Biswajit, On analyzing your Horoscope we find that you have most of the planets well place – including Rahu,Ketu,Sun,Moon,Mercury,Mars and Venus. You are also non manglik and also not under sade sati.
      Your Jupiter is placed in the 4th house which makes it weak due to placement. It is not a malefic but
      Is powerless and weak because it being combust (asta), it is a badhak for – Wealth,Property,land,Investments,stable married life, increased earnings,growth and prosperity.
      It delays giving the good effects of Jupiter.
      Similarly, your Saturn is also placed in the 4th house which is OK but is also along with Sun hence is also debilitated or asta and as it is in Virgo rashi whose lord is Mercury – it afflicts the Mercury (The mind) also to some extent.
      In Summary, we see that Jupiter is Weak due to placement and Saturn is malefic due to it being in a shatru rashi as well as being asta (Combust)
      Hence a Pitambari Neelam is strongly recommended for you. Individual Pukhraj and Neelam will not
      Give such a positive effect as a Pitambari
      The Pitambari Neelam should be 5+ Ratti in weight and worn on a Thursday in a Gold or Ashtadhatu Ring.
      With Best Wishes

4. saswata goswami says:

I am saswata gosami, DOB: 08.03.1964 at 17.18 pm, place: bolpur: .kindly suggest my suitable stone.

• Our astrologer (one of india’s finest) and the best in delhi ncr region is working on it and will get back shortly.

• Dear Saswata,
        On analyzing your Horoscope I find that most of the stars are well place except for Jupiter which is in 8th house (ashtam Guru). This leads to the large beneficiary planet being unable to give as good results as it should.
        It is thus advised to wear a Pukhraj (Yellow Sapphire) stone of 5 + carats in weight in a Gold or panch dhatu Ring in the first finger of either hand.
        Also, your natal Moon is placed along with Ketu hence it is also recommended to wear a
        Pearl in a Silver Ring or pendant.
        These will neutralize the evil effects of both planets and bring about all round wealth
        and prosperity.

With Best Wishes
        R Khorana
        Bello Jewels India

5. Sudipto says:

Dear Sir,
    I find your comments very useful and hence I seek your suggestion. My Name is Sudipto Bhattacharya, DOB : 19.05.1984, Time 03: 43 am, Place : Guwahati, Assam. I am currently suffering from problems in my professional career and love life. I have consulted an astrologer and he has suggested me to wear a PITAMBARI NEELAM of 4-5 ratti in a locket in the neck. Pls advice if this will be beneficial to me. Eagerly awaiting your reply. Thanks.

• Hi Sudipto
      Greetings!
      Jupiter (Brahaspati) when is weak and powerless in a Horoscope.
      and
      Saturn (Shani) when is malefically placed or having a bad drishti.
      And
      If Both Shani and Brahaspati are in the same house in the Horoscope.
      Commensurate with the inputs. A feeling of non-achievement persists and it is as if one is dogged down by Bad luck and misfortune.
      On analyzing your Horoscope we find that you have most of the planets well place – including Rahu,Ketu,Sun,Moon,Mercur,Mars and Venus. You are also manglik and also not under sade sati.
      Your Jupiter is placed in the 9th house with Moon house which makes it quite powerful.
      Hiwever, your Saturn is also placed in the 8th house which is definitely a malefic especially as it is also alongwith mangal.
      Hence wearing a Neelam is the correct stone for you. However, I would recommend a Blue Sapphire (Neelam Stone) instead of a Pitambari as your Jupiter is already strong and well placed. A Blue one will give better
      Results as compared to a Pitambari even though it will not have any negative effects also.
      The stone should be more than 5 Ratti in weight and preferably worn in a Ring as it will touch the finger for full effect.
      With Best Wishes
      R Khorana

6. Hello!! I am Subhayu Roy. I have been wearing a pithambari Neela since 1989 of 4.5 ct.I also wear a Panna and a Gomedha of 6 ct and 8 ct respectively. My DOB is 20/6/1969 at Kolkata. My time is 11.40 am in the morning. Please suggest if the stones I wear is ok or not and If I should enhance or upgrade the ct of pithambari Neelam.

Please suggest!!!

• Being a tricky query I have forwarded this to our senior most astrologer (delhi – gurgaon – india) and he will get back shortly.
      —————
      Here’s your answer:
      On analyzing your Horoscope we find that you have most of the planets well place – including Rahu,Ketu,Sun,Moon,Mercur,Mars and Venus. You are also non-manglik and also not under sade sati.
      Your Jupiter is placed in the 1st house with ketu which makes it quite weak
      Your Saturn is also placed in the 8th house which is also definitely a malefic especially as it is Ashtam Shani.
      Hence wearing a Pitambari Neelam is the correct stone for you. However, I would check that the Stone has retained is original color or not. Also, giving by your specific planets configuration, the Blue
      In Pitambari should be more than Yellow (60:40 Ratio) to give its full effect. If it is so, very good – otherwise I would recommend getting a new one.
      I would also recommend you wearing a 14 mukhi Rudraksha in Silver pendant to further enhance the Good effect of Jupiter.
      With Best Wishes

7. Sudipto says:

Dear Sir,
    Thank you so much for your valuable suggestions. I shall be grateful to you if you can kindly analyze my birth chart once again & suggest as to :
    1. When shall I be able to get settled in my professional career and have better financial stability. Currently I am working with Banking co. at a junior manager level.
    2. How do you see my conjugal life ahead and prospects of me getting married to the girl of my choice. Currently I am facing a period of absolute crisis as far as my love life is concerned.
    3. Also I constantly look for materials online through which I can also learn the art n science of vedic astrology. Can you suggest some reading materials through which I can further develop my interest in this field.
    I am seriously strggling with these two aspects of my life and seek a solution to it. Thanking you once again for your valuable suggestions. I really appreciate it. Eagerly awaiting your reply.

Thanks
    Sudipto Bhattacharya

8. Priyanka says:

hi
    my dob is 14.4.1957 & place of birth is Kolkata.
    Someone has recommended to wear pitambari neelam with 50% of both the colour.I am already wearing a red coral,cat’s eye & zarkand.I have been asked to wear pitambari neelam on a thursday or a saturday. I wore that but on the 2nd day I started feeling quite uneasy my heartbeat increased,hands & legs got colder & there was also a high blood pressure.Everyone was surprised because it never happened before.I just opened the ring & was normal again.Before wearing the same again i thought of keeping that under the pillow for three night but again after the second night the same thing happened.Please look into my horoscope & kindly suggest.

• Hi Priyanka
      Greetings!

On analyzing your Horoscope we find that you have most of the planets well place – including Rahu,Ketu,Sun,Moon,Mercury,Mars and Venus. You are also Manglik and also under sade sati of Shani.

Now, looking at Jupiter, it is already well placed and being with the moon is also making a Gaja kesri Yoga. Nothing needs to be doe about this. Saturn (Shani) is in your 7th house and is directly aspecting Mangal, which is not good. For mangal you are already wearing a Monga so continue to wear it. It appears though that you have not done anything for the Shani.

Pitambari is thus not a suitable stone for you as Jupiter is well placed and Shani is a malefic – so a Pitambari will further increase the malefic results on Shani. Shani is the son of the Sun (Surya) hence the Sun has to be made more powerful which can be done by wearing a Good Ruby of more than 5.5 ratti in a Gold or panchdhatu Ring on a Sunday.You can find one here:

Also, the wearing of a cat’s eye and Zircon is not really needed – you can keep on wearing them anyway. A combination of a Monga and a Ruby will help you a lot. In addition I would also recommend a Gauri Shankar Rudraksha to be worn in a silver pendant on a Tuesday. The Rudraksha should be genuine and Certified – you can find one here.

With Best wishes.

R Khorana

Bello Jewels

9. Niladri says:

Dear sir,i am niladri Kundu.7-8 years back one astrologer recommended me to wear a pitambari neelum or pokhraj.i bought a pokhraj .Few days back it got lost mysteriously.i am planning to buy a pitambari neelum .Could you please guide me whether it is required or not ?And how much rati is required for me.Also it would be great if you can tell me whether it should be more yellow or blue?My dob 20/3/1985…Kolkata,India and time 8 am 24 min

• A Pitambari neelam is a very powerful stone and gives long lasting beneficial effects.

Jupiter (Brahaspati) when is weak and powerless in a Horoscope.

and

Saturn (Shani) when is malefically placed or having a bad drishti.

Or

If Both Shani and Brahaspati are in the same house in the Horoscope (As is in your Horoscope)

On analyzing your Horoscope we find that you have most of the planets well place – including Rahu,Ketu,Sun,Moon,Mercur,Mars and Venus. You are manglik and not under sade sati.

Your Jupiter is placed in the 10th house and the house of Shani.

It Is powerless and weak because it is in the shatru house.

It delays giving the good effects of Jupiter.

Similarly, your Saturn is also placed in the 8th house (ashtam shani) which is a very poor position of the same. You are also going through the mahadasha of shani iteself.

In Summary, we see that Jupiter is Weak due to placement and Saturn is malefic due to it being in the 8th house.

Give such a positive effect as a Pitambari

The Pitambari Neelam should be 4+ Ratti in weight and worn on a Thursday in a Gold or Ashtadhatu Ring. If possible it should be more blue than yellow.- in your case.

With Best Wishes

R Khorana

Bello Jewels

10. Urmi Das says:

Hello sir

My moon sign is taurus and ascendant is also taurus. Below is the planetary postion of my kundli.
    1. in first place(ascendant)- moon and venus
    2. 2nd place- Rahu.
    3. 3rd place- No planet
    4. 4th place- No planet.
    5 5th place- No planet.
    6. 6th place- saturn.
    7. 7th place- jupiter.
    8. 8th place- ketu.
    9. 9th place- no planets.
    10. 10th place- No planets.
    11. 11th place- No planets.
    12. 12th place- Sun, mars, mercury.

Somebody told me to wear Pitambari stone as in my kundli saturn and jupiter has bad effect. But I am really confused.

Kindly suggest.

11. Dear sir,
    Greetings!!!
    I am in the teaching Profession and currently teaching in an Institute which prepares Students for Engineering and Medical Entrance Examinations. I have ambitions of an Entrepreneur and waiting for the right time and opportunity to start my own. According to my Astrological chart please suggest me the stone/jewel required to succeed in my ambition (professional and personal life). My DOB is 28/10/71 at 9.30 am. My Place of birth is Bhuj in Gujarat.

Also I am a bit hesitant in nature. Please suggest some remedial measures to overcome this natural tendency

Thanks and Regards

ADITI ROY

• Dear Aditi,

Greetings!

I will answer your second question first. The hesitant nature is due to lack of confidence which is due to your Moon being afflicted by Rahu in third house. This affliction is quite serious as it has an impact on many of the life’s important landmarks. I would thus recommend to increase the power of the moon by wearing a Good South Sea Pearl – it can be more than 8 ratti and to be worn in a Silver Ring in the small finger of either hand on a Monday.It will remove the hesitant nature and instil self confidence.

Now, about your career. You have definitely all the stars of an Entrepreneur – your Sun,Mercury,Venus,Jupiter,Ketu are well placed. Your Saturn is in the 7th house thus fully aspecting your Jupiter and also first house. This brings about delays and self doubts about any new venture. It is overshadowing the mighty Jupiter and preventing it from bringing forward the best in you. It can be done by making the Jupiter stronger by wearing a good Pukhraj – Yellow sapphire in the first finger of right hand. The stone should be above 5 ratti in weight and should be worn in a Gold ring on a Thursday.

You are going to start the Shani mahadasha on 2nd October 2013 so it is better to wear the stone before that date.

12. Dear Gautam,

Thank you for taking interest in answering all our queries.

My DOB is 23-01-79, time: 2.50 am, place of birth : Mumbai. I have also been advised to wear a pitambari neelam from this year. Please advice on the same. Also if you know the best place from where I can procure the same.

Many thanks.

• Hi,

Greetings!

Jupiter (Brahaspati) when is weak and powerless in a Horoscope.

and

Saturn (Shani) when is malefically placed or having a bad drishti.

Or

On analyzing your Horoscope we find that you have most of the planets well place – including Rahu,Ketu,Sun,Moon,Mercur,Mars and Venus. You are also non manglik and also not under sade sati.

Your Jupiter is placed in the 9th house and exalted in Karka rashi but is having the full malefic drishti of Mangal and Sun – hence it is powerless and weak.

It becomes a badhak for – Wealth,Property,land,Investments,stable married life, increased earnings,growth and prosperity. It delays giving the good effects of Jupiter.
      Similarly, your Saturn is also placed in the 10th house which is the house of Job, business etc and also is having full drishti on the family’s health especially mother and her side. It will thus delay giving full effect of the same and may lead to ill health also.

In Summary, we see that Jupiter is Weak due to aspect and Saturn is malefic due to it being in a shatru rashi .
      You are also going through the Sade Sati of Shani.

Give such a positive effect as a Pitambari
      It will mitigate the bad effects of Shani and bring forward the good effects of Jupiter. It will bring about wealth and prosperity and increase earnings,land and property acquization and good love life.

With Best Wishes

13. Respected sir
    My self Rajdeep Das dob 19.01.1981
    pob kolkata
    tob 10:38 am
    what ratio pitambari neelam shiuld i wear and in which finger and day and time.
    And when i will be father. Should i wear south sea pearl
    Olease please pls help me out and from where i should buy.

• Dear Rajdeep

Since both your Saturn and Jupiter are in the same house – a Pitambari Neelam is definately the right stone for you.
      Also more so since you are going through the Mahadasha of Saturn with antardasha of Jupiter.

You should get the same made in an ashtadhatu Ring to be worne in the middle finger of Right hand on a Thursday morning.

For progeny, your 5th house is afflicted with Rahu on Cancer Rashi. Hence a good South Sea Pearl Ring in Silver in the small finger of left hand will be ideal.

With Best Wishes

14. Dear Gautam,

Thank you for your response. What finger should a pitambari neelam be worn in ?

Regards,

Sameer.

15. Amit Kumar says:

Hi Gautam,

My DOB is 15-Feb-1977, time: 21:20 pm, place of birth : Karol Bagh, New delhi. Please suggest if I can wear Pitambari…presently I am wearing one Topaz in Gold, 1 jirken in silver and Panna.

16. Abhishek das gupta says:

Hello sir
    Some astrologer prescribe me to wear pitambari neelam of 4carat but now i am confused weather i should wear pitambari neelam or not because few months back one astrologer told me to wear blue sapphire but after wearing that i suffered a lot. Again few days back i consult a astrologer and he told me to wear pitambari neelan of 4-5carat. Sir please help me in this regard. MY DOB – 10.06.1989
    TIME OF BIRTH – 08:30AM, PLACE – SILCHAR (ASSAM)

17. Hi,
    I have been advised by an astrologer to wear a pitambari, whereas an online recommendation suggests blue sapphire. I wanted your opinion on which one would help. My details are :
    DOB 28th August 1980
    Time 8:24 am
    Place Veraval, Gujarat, India

Pls let me know,

Thanks

18. Sandip Roychowdhury says:

Dear Sir, I am sandip from Kolkata,I need your astrological advise as am suffering from a over all long bad periods.My DOB is 27-02-1976,kolkata,time 12:07 am(Thursday/Friday).My rashi is makara and lagna is brishchik.I have visited 2-3 astrologers time to time and they advised different stones.Presently, I am wearing 1 burmiz pearl in left hand first finger, one red coral in left hand ring finger,one yellow pukhraj right hand index finger, one Blue Sapphire in right hand middle finger and one burmiz ruby right hand ring finger.I am unable to get good job and am still unmarried.Please advise me what is my actual problem in my horoscope and which stones I should wear and which stone I should remove.I am quite confused.Please help me.Anxiously waiting for your reply. Thanks and regards – sandip

19. Manoj Sharma says:

Hi , I am very keen to know if pita bro Neelam is useful for me.. My DOB is 9th May 1969, 01.10 AM, New Delhi.
    I been
    Told that Saturn is my ascendent planet & jupiter is malefic planet for me & I am going through Jupiter Dasha.

Thanks
    Manoj Sharma

• Dear Manoj,

Your ascendent owner Lord is Saturn which is placed in 4th house with Sun – though far in the same house. Saturn is thus weak and is a functional benefic.

Jupiter is in 9th house and malefic due to its association with ketu

Mercury,venus,mars,Moon,Rahu are well placed.

Dasha is of Saturn/mercury.

Saturn in transit is in Libra and moving on to Scorpio in 11th house on November 4th 2014.
      As far as stone goes, a Pitambari Neelam will be beneficial for you as it will reduce the bad effect of a Malefic Jupiter and increase the good effects of Saturn.

The stone should be natural,untreated and worn on the first finger of right hand after purification and energizing it. It should be more than 7 1/2 carats in weight and worn in a Gold ring on a Thursday morning.

A 14 Mukhi Rudraksha will also go a long way in increasing the power of the Pitambari and bring out the power of the same 100%

Donating of yellow cloth,yellow dal,chana,turmeric and food made of besan on a Thursday will also help. If you need help with purchase just call us on 0-9015149149 and one of our consultant will help you.

With Best Wishes and Good Luck
      Astro Team bellojewelsonline.com

20. Deepak Khurana says:

Dear Mr. Gautam,
    Really appreciate your work/passion. Sir, Could you please guide me also, which gems are recommended for me? Actually the thing is, bit time ago just I consulted one local astrolger and he told me to wear Pitamber 7 to 8 rattis (with 60-70% neelam and 40-30% pukraj) in the middle finger (i think, saturday or thursday, but i couldn’t find that) . Along with that, he also told me to wear 5 ratti cat’s eye in the middle finger or small finger on saturday or wednesday respv.
    So, Could you please guide me in this context and from your good experience, will appreciate that. My birth details are: 25/06/1981, 13:58, Srinagar(J&K).
    Thanks in an advance and best regards for your work.
    God bless you.

• Hello Deepak

It was a pleasure speaking with you the other day also. Jup and Saturn in your ascendant and their degrees plus your transit position are a very strong indicator of good changes in your life. Quite surprised you’re not wearing already. No doubt a pitambari with more of blue and less of yellow is highly suitable in silver or white gold. Also a 14 mukhi rudraksha along with the same is advised for quick results.

Ascendent(Lagan) :Virgo 27.35 Ascendent Lord :Mer
      Moon Sign(Rashi) :Pisces Moon Sign Lord :Jup
      Birth Star(Nakshatra) :U.Bhadrapada Birth Star Lord :Sat
      Lucky Gem :Diamond Lucky No. : 2
      Lucky Day :Wednesday Lucky Color :White
      Sun Sign (As per western system) :Cancer
      Current Vimshottari Dasa :Ven-Sun
      You are not a Manglik person
      Currently Under SadeSati :No
      Ascendent Chart(Lagan Kundli)

• Deepak Khurana says:

Dear Gautam ji,
        Thanks a lot for your kind guidance.
        *Just few short questions; in which finger it should be worn & day, Index ? And it can be with more yellow sapphire also doesn’t matter? And can i wear this, for all life also?
        *And also I am presently under ketu dasha i guess, should i wear cat’s eye stone, if so then in small finger? As per my knowledge both are friendly planets (Shani and Ketu also Guru is neutral, so won’t be any probelm all together?).
        * You mentioned my lucky stone is Diamond; can it be generally worn with these stones? Or better as you suggested Pitambar and eventually cat’s eye under whom influence I am presently.
        Please guide, will be thankful as always.
        Thanks a lot and kind regards.
        Deepak

21. Sir my DOB is 05/02/1985 time 2.15 am at kolkata. some astrologer suggests me pitambari neelam (5-5 rati) and parl (6-8 rati) for my horoscope . sir kindly if you guide me is this stones are suitable for me or other stone. if pitambabi neelam is essention for my horoscope as remedy the tell me the ratio of yellow and blue.

• Hi Mithun

Consider these aspects:
      Saturn in 1st House
      Jupiter in 3rd House with Mercury and Sun
      Plus considering your navmansha chart I will definitely say that a Pitambari with atleast 60% – 90% blue and rest yellow is good for you. More of blue and less of yellow. To help you select such a stone just call us on 9015149149 and someone will help you get a Ceylonese Untreated Pitambari Stone.

Saturn being with Ketu its best you also wear a 8 mukhi rudraksha in silver.

22. Chandan Agarwal says:

I am impressed after learning about `Pitambari` Neelam and would like to know if I can wear it and what effects should I expect out of it.

DOB : 06/03/1987